Cornbread Stuffing Chicken Casserole
How to Make Cornbread Stuffing Chicken Casserole
- 1Cut the meat into bite size pieces. In a hot skillet greased with a little butter sear the chicken on all sides. It doesn't have to be cooked through just nicely browned.
- 2Season lightly with salt and pepper and set aside. When its done remove from the heat and set aside.
- 3Melt butter and water together in a saucepan over medium heat and once melted remove from heat and mix with the cornbread stuffing mix well until moistened. Set aside.
- 4In another bowl combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and chicken broth until smooth a fork or a whisk is good for this.
- 5Put 3/4 of the stuffing mixture into a large greased casserole dish. Add the chicken on top of this. Pour the sour cream mixture over it all and top with the remaining 1/4 of stuffing. Bake at 325 for about 45 minutes.