★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6 to 7
- peeled and sliced potatoes
- 1 lb
- ground chicken and ground pork combined
- 1 dash(es)
- olive oil
- large onion chopped
- 1 can(s)
- petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can(s)
- (small can) tomato paste
- 1 c
- 5 dash(es)
- cinnamon, ground
- salt to taste
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- (2 cup) bag of shredded cheddar
How to Make Colleens Moussaka
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Boil sliced potatoes in water until fork tender. Do not overcook. Drain and set aside.
While potatoes are cooking, in a big pan, brown your meat. Drain if needed.
Add olive oil, garlic and sliced onion. Cook until onion begins to get soft and golden.
Add petite diced tomato and paste.
Add water, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
Stir and heat through, for at least 15 to 20 minutes, covered.
I like to let mine cook to an hour, sometimes longer.
- 2In a casserole dish, layer: Meat sauce, potatoes, meat sauce, potatoes etc.
Cover in tin foil and place in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Remove and top with cheese.
Leave uncovered and place back in oven for 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.