How to Make Cola Chicken
- 1If you have the ambition (which I never do) you can pound the chicken meat to 1/4th inch thickness. If you are like me, just use the thin cut breasts (or add to cooking time for the thighs)Season as you like with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- 2Mix the ketchup and BBQ sauce in a small batter bowl then add the cola. Stir to combine.
- 3Place the chicken in a saucepan (sprayed liberally with PAM) and just let the chicken "brown" very lightly. Add the cola mixture and bring to a boil.
- 4Cover and cook on medium heat for 20-25 minutes. Stir occasionally. Uncover and cook an additional 10-15 minutes (until the chicken is done)
- 5Serve over rice or with potatoes.