Coconut chicken fingers done my way!
Irisa Raina 9
Usually chicken or fish that is coated with coconut it’s done with the un-sweetened kind. But I like the heat of the hot sauce together with the sweetness of the coconut. Takes it to a whole other level.
You can use the un-sweetened coconut if you prefer.
I served this with homemade coleslaw and potato coins.
This is delicious with shrimp too!
·two large skinless, boneless chicken breasts
·1 cup ice cold butter milk
·2 cups hot sauce “ i used sriracha “
·1 tablespoon sea salt
·1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
·1 tablespoon corn starch
·1 & ½ cups “ sweet “ coconut
·scallions chopped for garnish.
How to Make Coconut chicken fingers done my way!
- Pound the chicken into ¼ inch flat pieces
- Cut into strips
- Mix the buttermilk, hot sauce, salt & pepper together in a bowl.
- Place the chicken fingers into a gallon size zip lock baggie, pour the buttermilk mixture over the chicken and seal the bag. Place that baggie into a bowl “ in case “ of leakage, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, toss the chicken occasionally.
- Once the chicken has marinated long enough, remove and drain the pieces.
- In another gallon size baggie “ or paper lunch bag “ put the cornstarch and coconut in it and close to shake. Make sure the cornstarch is thoroughly mixed with the coconut.
- Add a few pieces of chicken at a time to the coconut and toss to make sure the chicken is completely coated.
- Fry in oil.
- When you are ready to serve garnish with sliced scallions.