Cinnamon Fried Chicken
I looked for a recipe, but could not find any. I found chicken roasted with cinnamon sauce, but no fried chicken. So this is the recipe I came up with, years ago and my family loves it.
1/2 tsppoultry seasoning
3/4 Tbspsea salt
3/4 Tbspfreshly ground pepper
1 Tbspfreshly ground cinnamon
1 tsppaprika, sweet mild
3organic egg whites, slightly beaten with a little water
1 1/2 cflour
1organic cut up chicken
·crisco or a good cooking oil
How to Make Cinnamon Fried Chicken
- Wash your chicken and set it aside to drain.
- Mix the flour and spices together.
- Heat a frying pan with the crisco or oil on low to medium heat.
- Dip your chicken in cold water and shake the excess off. Place in the egg whites to coat. Shake off excess egg white. Roll the chicken to coat all sided, shake off excess and place on rack to dry slightly.
- Place your chicken in the hot oil carefully and brown on all sides. Lower heat and cook uncovered until done..about 45 minutes.
Sometimes I don't want a crispy chicken, so I leave te lid a jar.
- When the chicken is done. Drain all the fat and return 2-3 tablespoons of fat to the frying pan. Add the same amount of flour and stir to make a Roux. Add milk to make a gravy and cook to the thickness you like. If it's too thick add a little more milk.
Sorry folks forgot to say, you serve this in the gravy.