- 1 can(s)
- refrigerated thin-crust pizza dough
- 1 lb
- chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp
- taco seasoning mix
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 pkg
- 8 oz shredded colby-jack cheese
- 1/2 c
- tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 c
- thinly sliced red onion
- taco sauce, as garnish
- sour cream, as garnish
- cilantro pesto , recipe below
How to Make Cilantro Pesto Chicken Pizza
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Unroll pizza crust on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. spread Cilantro Pesto evenly over crust, leaving a 1/2 inch border.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine chicken and taco seasoning.
- 4In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add. chicken, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or untiil chicken is cooked through. Place chicken evenly over pesto. Top evenly with cheese, tomatoes, and onion. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with taco sauce and sour cream, if desired.
- 5Cilantro Pesto
2 c. cilantro leaves
2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. olive oil
1 T. fresh lime juice
In the work bowl of a food processor, combine cilantro, jalpenos, garlic, oil, and lime juice. Process until mixture is almost smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of bowl