Chunky chicken pot casserole
2 call purpose flour
6-8 tspvery cold water
3 lbcooked chicken breast cut in cubes
3/4 cyellow onions chopped
1/2 ccelery, chopped
2 can(s)cream of chicken soup
3 cfrozen mixed vegetables
How to Make Chunky chicken pot casserole
- To make your crust, add the salt to the flour then cut the shortening into the flour using a fork until the flour becomes crumbly. Add water one tablespoon at a time until flour forms a ball. Wrap the dough ball and place in refrigerator.
- Add butter to medium heated pan, add onions and celery and cook for 5-7 minutes
- Add chicken and continue to cook another 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in condensed soup. Mix well, then add mixed vegetables.
- Heat oven to 350'
- Remove dough from refrigerator, and divide in half (one ball slightly larger than the other)
Roll dough wide enough to cover bottom and sides of an 8x10 casserole dish. Put crust in the casserole dish and cut off edges. Fill casserole dish with meat and vegetable mixture. Roll remaining dough out wide enough to cover the casserole dish. Lay over top of pie and cut off remaining edges. Flute the edges to seal the pie. Brush the top with egg and water mixture
- Put in oven for 40 minutes or until you see pie bubbling. Enjoy.