Christoph's Oven Chicken
How to Make Christoph's Oven Chicken
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup of the wine, and 2 tbls of rosemary and 1 tbl of thyme.
- Rinse your chicken pieces under cold water, pat each one dry with a paper towel, then place them in a casserole dish.
- With a basting brush, coat each piece with olive olive. Generously sprinkle a little of the rosemary and thyme over each piece.
- Splash each piece with a drinking wine of your choice. In this particular recipe, I prefer a Rhine wine, but a good red wine would work here, too.
- Top each piece with a little pat of butter. I found that the butter that works best is Fleischmann's with olive oil.
- Once your oven is preheated, start baking your chicken, basting every 15 minutes.
- When the 45 minutes has expired, remove your chicken and turn on the broiler.
- Place the chicken under the broiler for about 1-2 minutes. Do watch it carefully! The purpose of this step is to crisp the skin, but you don't want it to burn!
- Once your chicken is finished under the broiler, remove the pan, and arrange the chicken pieces in a large bowl (yes, a bowl :))
- Drain the juices from the pan into the sauce pan with the wine and herbs.
- Boil until the mixture is rendered down by half.
- Slowly pour the wine mixture over the pieces, ensuring each piece is coated.
- Plate, and enjoy!!