Please consider one piece of advice - Do the chopping and prepping before you start cooking! Most cooking steps are very short!
1 lbchorizo (mexican sausage, mild or medium
1 lbchicken (breast or thigh meat) cut in strips
1 ccoursely chopped onion
1poblano pepper, seeded and diced
8 ozfresh mushrooms, sliced
1 tspblack pepper
1 Tbspchile powder
1 1/2 tspground cumin
1 lbmonterey jack cheese, shredded (mexican combination can be used too!)
4 ccooked rice
How to Make Chorri Pollo
- In skillet, crumble and brown chorizo sausage ove medium high heat
- When cooked through, remove chorizo from skillet, leaving the grease in the pan.
- Cook the onions and peppers in the sausage grease for about a minute
- Add mushrooms and chcken strips, stirring to combine
- Sprinkle seasonings onto the food in skillet, stirring to coat evenly.
- Saute for about 3 minutes, until chicken begins to brown and just cooked through
- Return the sausage to the skillet and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cheese and milk. Simmer on medium low and stir until it is melted and smooth.
- Serve the Chorri Pollo over the rice and pour the cheese sauce on top. Serve with warm tortillas!