Chicken in Balsamic Cherry Sauce
Blue Ribbon Recipe
YUMMMM! This one is a winner in our book too. I was a little unsure cherries and balsamic would mix. I was pleasantly surprised. The flavors complemented one another wonderfully. The Test Kitchen
How to Make Chicken in Balsamic Cherry Sauce
- 1Pat dry chicken and season with salt.
- 2In a heavy skillet heat olive oil. Sauté seasoned chicken until browned, 12-15 minutes. Remove chicken. Add onions to skillet and sauté until tender, 5-6 minutes. Add vinegar and reduce to just a couple of tablespoons.
- 3Add broth, bring heat to high and reduce by half.
- 4Add cherry preserves and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce is thick.
- 5Return chicken to pan to heat through while spooning sauce over chicken. Serve hot.