Chipotle Chicken Tostadas
How to Make Chipotle Chicken Tostadas
- 1In a large stock pot, add chicken stock, chicken breasts and Chipotle peppers. Lightly salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to keep at a medium boil for an hour. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 3 hours, stirring ocassionally. After the chicken has cooked for 4 hours or so, start to shred the chicken with tongs and a long handled fork. Crush the peppers with tongs. Simmer an additional 2 hours.
- 2About a 45 minutes before the chicken is ready, make the salsa, heat the refried beans, make the guacamole and toast the corn tortillas in the oven until golden and crisp.
- 3When chicken is done, drain in a collander and remove pepper skins.
- 4To assemble, take a corn tortilla and spread some of the refried beans evenly over the tortilla, sprinkle with shredded cheese. Evenly spread the chipotle chicken over the cheese. Top with salsa and guacamole.
- 5These tend to be a bit messy so have plenty of napkins on hand and enjoy!
- 6This recipe is for 2 families so it will feed quite a few.