Chipolte Chicken Tostados
This chicken is very flavor intensive, so I serve these tostados with fresh fruit or pineapple and cottage cheese.
- 1 1/2 lb
- chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 2 large
- yellow onions, sliced
- 1/4 c
- 1 or 2
- canned chipolte peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- tostado shells
- 1 can(s)
- refried beans
- sour cream
How to Make Chipolte Chicken Tostados
- 1Cut chicken thighs and onions into thin slices. Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet and saute the onions until soft then add chicken and continue to cook on medium heat until the chicken loses it's pink, stirring often .
- 2Add the chipolte pepper(s) along with a tablespoon or so of the adobo sauce to taste.
- 3Cover and cook over very low heat, stirring often, until the chicken is tender, about 30 minutes. Serve on tostado shells spread with refried beans and topped with sour cream.