Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- cups beef broth
- cup soy sauce
- cup cornstarch
- tsp. honey (optional)
- tsp. five spice powder (optional)
- rounded tsp. garlic powder
- tbsp. oyster sauce
- tsp. red pepper flakes
- tsp. black pepper
- tsp. onion powder
- tsp. mustard powder
- 32 oz. pkg. frozen broccoli florets
- chicken tenders
How to Make Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
- 1Pour 1 cup of the beef broth into a saucepan. Measure out second cup of broth and mix in cornstarch. Set second one aside.
- 2Into the beef broth in saucepan, add the rest of the ingredients, except cornstarch mixture, and stir well. Heat to boiling and add broth/cornstarch mixture. Stir well with a whisk under thickened and smooth.
- 3Clean chicken tenders and fry in a skillet with enough oil to cover the bottom of pan with salt/pepper to taste and sprinkle a bit of garlic powder of all the pieces. Do not overcook or the chicken will be tough and dry. Cover and keep warm until broccoli is done.
- 4Cook broccoli in salted water until there is a bit of a bite left in the broccoli. Do not over cook.
- 5Slice chicken into desired pieces and add to drained broccoli. Start adding sauce to broc/chicken to cover but not drown it. Serve.