Chili-Chicken & Black Beans with Rice
4boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
3 tspchili powder
1 tspground cumin
2 Tbspolive oil
2 can(s)(15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
2 csalsa or picante sauce
1 bunchgreen onions, finely chopped
4 ccooked rice
How to Make Chili-Chicken & Black Beans with Rice
- Blend the seasoning spices together (chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper) and rub over chicken.
- In a large nonstick, skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in olive oil on both sides.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add 1 cup water to the pan and stir to loosen the brown bits from bottom.
- Stir in beans and salsa.
- Return chicken to skillet, cover and cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Stir once or twice, adding additional 1 cup of water if needed.
- When chicken is done, remove from skillet to cutting board and cut into ½-1 inch slices.
- Transfer beans to a 2 quart serving dish, transfer chicken back to top of beans.
- Garnish top with green onions.
- Serve with prepared rice.