- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cups prepared salsa verde (about two 7 oz. cans) or tomatillo salsa
- 1 cup mexican crema or sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 12 fresh corn tortillas, cut into 1/4 inch wide strips, 6 inch size, store bought or homemade
- 4 cups shredded mexican cheese, such as monterey jack or chihuahua
- chopped cilantro for garnish
How to Make Chilaquiles
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Arrange half the chicken in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Top with half the salsa Verde. Mix crema and heavy cream together and spread half over the salsa. Top with half the tortilla strips and half the shredded cheese. Repeat the process.
- 2Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or til browned and bubbling. To serve, let cool slightly, then cut into squares and garnish with chopped cilantro.