Chicken with Vodka Cream Sauce
2 lbor 4 boneless chicken breasts
2 cchopped fresh spinach
1 1/4 colive oil, plus 4 tablespoons
16 ozricotta cheese
2 cloveshallots, chopped
2 clovegarlic, chopped
8eggs, well beaten
16 ozpink vodka sauce, store bought or homemade
1/2 cscallions, diced
2 citalian bread crumbs
·salt and pepper
How to Make Chicken with Vodka Cream Sauce
- Trim chicken and pound 1/4 inch thick. Set aside and saute garlic and shallots in 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Season spinach with salt and pepper. Cool.
- Spread flattened chicken with ricotta cheese seasoned with salt and pepper and take 1 tablespoon of the spinach mixture and place on one end of each chicken breast.
- Roll chicken folding sides inward. Place chicken in beaten eggs and roll in bread crumbs.
- Saute chicken in remaining hot oil till brown on all sides.
- Place chicken in a 350 preheated oven in an oven-proof pan and cook for 20 minutes more.
- In a saucepan saute scallion in 4 tablespoons of olive oil until translucent. Add the vodka sauce and heat through.
- Cut each chicken breast on a dinner plate.
- Top with vodka sauce mixture.