Chicken with Riesling and Grapes1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbspbutter, unsalted
1 Tbspolive oil
4chicken breasts, halved
1garlic clove, minced
2 tspall purpose flour
1/2 cchicken broth
2 tsplemon juice
tspdried thyme, crushed
1/2 lbgreen grapes, seeded and halved
How to Make Chicken with Riesling and Grapes
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil over moderately high heat, until the foam subsides.
- In the fat, brown the chicken on all sides for about 8 minutes, or until it's golden brown; transfer it with tongs to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to moderately low and in the fat remaining in the skillet, cook the shallot and garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook the roux, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- Add the Riesling and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the broth, lemon juice, thyme, and salt/pepper to taste and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring.
- Return the chicken to the skillet with any juices from the plate and simmer the mixture, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add the grapes and simmer the mixture, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.