Chicken with Riesling and Grapes1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- chicken breasts, halved
- shallots, minced
- garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp
- all purpose flour
- wine, riesling
- 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- 2 tsp
- lemon juice
- dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 lb
- green grapes, seeded and halved
How to Make Chicken with Riesling and Grapes
- 1In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil over moderately high heat, until the foam subsides.
- 2In the fat, brown the chicken on all sides for about 8 minutes, or until it's golden brown; transfer it with tongs to a plate.
- 3Reduce the heat to moderately low and in the fat remaining in the skillet, cook the shallot and garlic for about 3 minutes.
- 4Stir in the flour and cook the roux, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- 5Add the Riesling and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 6Add the broth, lemon juice, thyme, and salt/pepper to taste and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring.
- 7Return the chicken to the skillet with any juices from the plate and simmer the mixture, covered, for 15 minutes.
- 8Add the grapes and simmer the mixture, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.