Chicken with Pineapple (Pollo con Pina)
- 2 cups chopped fresh or canned pineapple
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp. each: chili powder, mustard
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 lbs. frying chicken
How to Make Chicken with Pineapple (Pollo con Pina)
- 1Put pineapple in blender, chop to make sauce. Saute the celery and onions in the butter over medium heat til brown. Add the red wine vinegar, ketchup, chili powder, mustard and brown sugar.
- 2Wash chicken and cut into 8 pieces. Remove skin if desired. Put chicken, skin side up, in baking dish. Spread 1/2 of pineapple sauce over meat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- 3Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove and drain grease form baking dish. Spoon remaining sauce over meat and bake 15 minutes more. til meat is tender.