Chicken with Peppers and Sausage1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 lbitalian sausage, sweet
1 largered bell pepper
1 largeyellow bell pepper
3 Tbspolive oil
1/2 tspdried thyme
2chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
4 tspbalsamic vinegar
·fresh sprigs of thyme
How to Make Chicken with Peppers and Sausage
- About 40 minutes before serving, in a 12" skillet over medium heat, heat sausage and 1/4 cup water to boiling; cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove cover; cook until sausages are browned, about 20 minutes, turning sausages frequently and pricking them to release fat.
- Meanwhile, cut each pepper into 1 1/2" wide strips; cut red onion into thin wedges.
- In 3 quart saucepan over medium-high heat, in hot olive or salad oil, cook peppers, onions and thyme about 10 minutes or until vegetables are fork-tender, stirring mixture frequently.
- Cut each chicken breast in half; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- With slotted spoon, remove sausage to paper towels to drain and cool slightly; thinly slice sausage diagonally.
- In sausage drippings remaining in skillet over medium heat, cook chicken breasts until tender and browned, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- To chicken in skillet, add vinegar, vegetable mixture and sliced sausage; heat through.
- Garnish with thyme sprigs to serve.
- SUBSTITUTIONS: May substitute red wine vinegar for balsamic vinegar and salad oil for olive oil, if desired.