Chicken with Pepperoni & Salami
Make as few or as many as you like. This recipe is for 2 servings made from 1 chicken breast.
It's warm and savory and just delicious and comforting.
Serve with some nice garlic cheese bread and you've got it made !
·boneless skinless chicken breast
·2 mushrooms thinly sliced
·provolone cheese slice
·saltine crackers - crushed fine - about a cup
·all purpose flour - about 1/4 cup
·salt and pepper to taste
·cooking oil about 1/2" deep in skillet
·angel hair pasta - cooked al dente
·your favorite pasta sauce
·mozzarella cheese slice
How to Make Chicken with Pepperoni & Salami
- Take the chicken breast and cut into 2 portions.
Make a pocket in each portion and set aside.
- Cut your pepperoni and salami into bite size pieces and mix together.
Chop up the provolone cheese and add to the pepperoni mixture.
- Take a handful of your pepperoni, salami cheese mixture and press into the pocket of the chicken breast.
Divide the mushrooms in half and put half of the mushrooms into the pocket of each breast.
- Either tie with string or use toothpicks to hold together.
Mix cracker crumbs and flour and salt and pepper together in small dish.
Roll each chicken breast into cracker mixture.
Place in skillet that has been heated to about 315 and cook until chicken is done - about 8 minutes each side.
Remove from skillet and drain on absorbent paper and let rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Place pasta onto serving dish .. add chicken .. then top with your favorite pasta sauce. Place mozzarella cheese slice on top and let it melt.
Dig in !