Chicken With Orzo (Kotopoulo Me Manestra)
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From Secrets of Fat-Free Greek Cooking by Elaine Gavalas.
4 3-ozboneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 cfat-free chicken broth
1 8-oz can(s)tomato sauce
1 mediumcarrot, peeled and sliced
1/2 conion, chopped
1/2 tspgarlic salt
1/2 tspfreshly ground black pepper
1/2 tspdried oregano (preferably greek rigani)
How to Make Chicken With Orzo (Kotopoulo Me Manestra)
- Rinse the chicken, and place it in a 4-quart pot, along with the broth, tomato sauce, carrot, onion, garlic salt, black pepper, and oregano.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir the water and orzo into the pot, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes, or until the orzo is cooked and most of the sauce has been absorbed.
- Serve the chicken breasts on a bed of orzo.
- NUTRITIONAL FACTS (PER SERVING)
Calories: 260 Carbohydrates: 46.2 g Cholesterol: 63 mg Fat: 4.5 g Fiber: 2.4 g Protein: 27 g Sodium: 612 mg