Chicken with Onions and Garlic
2boneless, skinless chicken cutlets, sliced
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1 largeonion-sliced thin
2 tspcumin powder
2 tspfenugreek leaves-dried (a must)**see note
1/4-1/2 tspcayenne pepper-use the larger amount if you like it spicy
4 Tbsplow fat cream cheese
1/3 cchicken broth
·salt and pepper to taste
·**note...the only place i was able to find this spice was in a indo/pak grocery store. if you can't find this ingredient then use 2 tbls. of fresh celery leaves-chopped fine.
How to Make Chicken with Onions and Garlic
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high. Add olive oil, onions and garlic. Sautee gently until tender with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cumin and fenugreek and cook until fragrant.
- Add the chicken slices and let brown.
- Add chicken broth and cream cheese. Mix until smooth.
- Serve over rice or potatoes, with naan bread to soak up the creamy sauce.