Chicken with Ginger, Broccoli, and Grapefruit1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbspvegetable oil
1 tspvegetable oil
1ginger, 2x1" piece cut into matchsticks
1 lbchicken breasts, halved, boneless and skinless, cut into strips
2 cbroccoli florets
1/2 cchicken broth, low salt
1/4 cgrapefruit juice
3 Tbspsoy sauce, low sodium
1 cgrapefruit, sectioned
How to Make Chicken with Ginger, Broccoli, and Grapefruit
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook ginger, stirring, occasionally, until golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, remove ginger to plate; set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high; add chicken and cook, stirring constantly, until no longer pink and cooked through, 3 minutes.
- Remove chicken to plate, set aside.
- Add broccoli, stirring to coat with cooking liquids.
- Add 1/4 cup water to skillet, cover and cook until crisp-tender 3 to 4 minutes; return chicken to skillet and add broth, grapefruit juice, and soy sauce.
- In small cup, combine cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cold water until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add cornstarch mixture to skillet increase heat to high; cook, stirring frequently, until mixture boils and thickens slightly.
- Add grapefruit sections to skillet; heat through.
- Spoon chicken and broccoli, mixture onto serving platter.
- Garnish with reserved ginger.