Chicken with Fire Roasted Tomatoes
This can be made with chicken thighs or boneless skinless chicken breast. Just adjust your cooking time.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Chicken is a staple in my household, and I'm always looking for new ways to serve it. This is a great way to spice up your chicken! Adjust the pepper flakes to suit your taste buds. This is guaranteed to become a family favorite. The Test Kitchen
2 Tbspolive oil
2 Tbspblack pepper
2 Tbsporegano, dried
2 Tbspgarlic powder
2 Tbsponion powder
1 Tbspgarlic salt
1 mediumred onion, chopped
1green bell pepper, julienned
1 can(s)(15 oz) diced fire roasted tomatoes
1 can(s)(15 oz) diced tomatoes with oregano and garlic
2 tspred pepper flakes
1/4 cwhite wine
1/4 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
How to Make Chicken with Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- In a plastic Zip Lock bag mix the black pepper, oregano, garlic powder, garlic salt and onion powder. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Place thighs skin side down. Cook 10 minutes (moving occasionally) turn and cook an additional 7 minutes. Remove chicken to platter.
- Sauté red onion and sliced (julienne) green bell pepper until tender.
- Add ¼ cup white wine with additional salt, pepper and oregano to taste. Mix well. Add chicken on top of onion and bell pepper.
- Mix 1 can Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes and 1 can diced oregano and garlic tomatoes. Add red pepper flakes to tomato mixture. Pour over chicken.
- Place oven safe skillet in a 350° pre-heated oven for 60 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink or internal temp. reaches 180° (Thighs) 170° (Breast). Checking and basting every 15 minutes during the first 45 minutes. During the last 15 minutes add ¼ cup shredded Mozzarella. Bake until melted. Top with fresh chopped chives if desired.
- Serve with fettuccine,a vegetable and some great french bread