Chicken with Figs and Mint
- 1 1/4 lb
- dried figs
- 1/2 bottle
- sweet, fruity white wine
- chicken breast fillets, with or without skin
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- orange marmalade
- mint leaves, finely chopped
- lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh mint leaves to garnish
How to Make Chicken with Figs and Mint
- 1Place figs and wine in a pan and bring to boil. Then simmer gently for 1 hour. Allow to cool. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2Fry chicken in butter until they are cooked through and golden. Remove and keep warm.
- 3Drain any fat from pan and add the juice from the figs. Boil and reduce to about 2/3 cup.
- 4Add the marmalade, mint and lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for a few minutes. When the sauce is thick and shiny, pour it over the chicken. Garnish with the figs and extra mint leaves and serve.