Chicken with Feta and Tomatoes1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 clong grain rice
1.25 cchicken breasts, halves, boneless and skinless
2garlic cloves, finely chopped
14 oztomatoes, canned whole, drained and cut up
6 ozfeta cheese
1/2 cblack olives, sliced
How to Make Chicken with Feta and Tomatoes
- Cook rice in 2 cups boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-sized cubes.
- Combine flour with paprika and oregano.
- Dust chicken cubes with flour mix lightly, reserving remaining flour mixture.
- In a large deep skillet, melt half of the butter.
- Cook chicken until lightly browned.
- Remove and reserve.
- Add remaining butter to pan.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Cook 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle on 2 tablespoons remaining flour.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken pieces and cook 8-10 minutes.
- Cut tomatoes into chunks.
- Drain and dice feta cheese.
- Add tomatoes and cheese to chicken.
- Cook one minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve chicken over rice, sprinkle with olives.