★★★★★ 1 vote5
- whole chicken (can be cut up)
- 1 lb
- pork sausage (browned)
- onion,yellow or white
- 2 can(s)
- whole kernel corn
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic salt to taste (opp.)
- lemon juice concentrate(opp)
- 5 c
- rice,cooked (this amonut is after cooked not before app. 2 c. uncooked)
How to Make Chicken with Corn Dressing
- 1Bake or grill chicken seasoning with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and lemon juice. Time on this may very depending on size of chicken and whether it is cut up or not. Bake at 350 degrees, at l hour if cut up a hour and a half to 2 hours for whole chicken.
Half way through time for chicken to be done brown sausage with chopped onions. When sausage is brown and onions are tender, drain grease off this mixture. Drain the cans of corn and add to the sausage mixture. Let simmer in skillet until chicken is done. While this is simmering cook rice according to package directions using extra water, like when cooking pasta. When rice is done drain off water. Add sausage corn mixture to rice, mix well. Pour into a 9x13 baking dish, I found it is best to line dish with foil for easier cleanup. Put chicken on top of sausage mixture, if cut up and return to oven for app. 15 min. to let chicken brown. If whole chicken open foil and let brown at same time as sausage mixture is heating. Serve.