Chicken with Buttermilk Gravy1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8chicken thighs, skinless
1 tspfresh thyme, crumbled
1 Tbspsalad oil
1 pkgchicken bouillon
1/4 tspgravy seasoning sauce
How to Make Chicken with Buttermilk Gravy
- In bowl, mix chicken thighs with 1/2 cup buttermilk.
- On waxed paper, mix thyme, salt and 1/2 cup flour.
- Dip thighs into mixture to coat.
- In nonstick 12" skillet over medium high heat, in very hot oil, cook thighs until golden.
- Reduce heat to medium low; cook until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with knife, turning chicken occasionally, about 15 minute longer.
- Remove to platter.
- In 2-cup measure, mix 1 tablespoon flour, bouillon, browning sauce and 1 cup water.
- Stir mixture into skillet; over medium high heat, heat until mixture boils and thickens; boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup butermilk.
- Serve gravy with chicken.
- Garnish platter with fresh thyme sprigs.