Chicken with Black bean's and Rice
Shawn A Reed
I found this on another site but I did a lil tweaking to it.
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless(butterflied)
- 2 Tbsp
- ancho chili powder, divided
- salt, to taste
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- green pepper, chopped
- 1 c
- long grain rice, uncooked
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- 1 can(s)
- black beans, drained and rinsed
How to Make Chicken with Black bean's and Rice
- 1Heat oil in pot over med high heat
- 2Season chicken with salt and 1/2 of the chili powder. Place chicken in hot oil and brown on both side. Remove and leave as much oil as possible
- 3Add onion, green pepper and rice to the pot, stir for several minutes and then add garlic and remaining chili powder cook for 1 minute and the add broth. Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- 4Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces and add them along with the beans and cook for another 10 to 12 minutes.
- 5Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving, you may like to serve with salsa, sour cream, cheese ect..