Chicken with Black bean's and Rice
I found this on another site but I did a lil tweaking to it.
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
2-3chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless(butterflied)
2 Tbspancho chili powder, divided
·salt, to taste
1 mediumonion, chopped
1/2green pepper, chopped
1 clong grain rice, uncooked
4 clovegarlic, minced
2 cchicken broth
1 can(s)black beans, drained and rinsed
How to Make Chicken with Black bean's and Rice
- Heat oil in pot over med high heat
- Season chicken with salt and 1/2 of the chili powder. Place chicken in hot oil and brown on both side. Remove and leave as much oil as possible
- Add onion, green pepper and rice to the pot, stir for several minutes and then add garlic and remaining chili powder cook for 1 minute and the add broth. Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces and add them along with the beans and cook for another 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving, you may like to serve with salsa, sour cream, cheese ect..