Chicken with Avocado and Roasted Pepper Cream1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Chicken with Avocado and Roasted Pepper Cream
- 1Preheat oven broiler.
- 2Arrange peppers on roasting pan.
- 3Place under hot broiler, about 5 inches from heat; cook until skin turns black.
- 4Turn frequently to char all sides.
- 5Remove peppers from roasting pan and place in a plastic bag.
- 6Close tightly and allow to steam 10 minutes.
- 7Cook rice according to package directions.
- 8When rice is done, remove from heat and keep warm.
- 9Carefully remove peppers from bag.
- 10When peppers are cool enough to handle, slip off and discard charred skins.
- 11Hold peppers under cold running water to make peeling easier.
- 12Chop peppers coarsely.
- 13In work bowl of food processor, combine peppers with 1 cup heavy cream.
- 14Process until smooth.
- 15Stir in remaining cream; set aside.
- 16Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 17Cook chicken breasts until brown on both sides.
- 18Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 19Pour cream mixture over chicken.
- 20When mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat to a vigorous simmer.
- 21Cook until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- 22Adjust seasoning to taste.
- 23Right before serving, peel and thinly slice avocados.
- 24Remove chicken breasts from heat and stir sour cream into sauce.
- 25Serve chicken breasts over rice with plenty of sauce and garnish with avocado slices.