Chicken with Avocado and Roasted Pepper Cream1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Chicken with Avocado and Roasted Pepper Cream
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Arrange peppers on roasting pan.
- Place under hot broiler, about 5 inches from heat; cook until skin turns black.
- Turn frequently to char all sides.
- Remove peppers from roasting pan and place in a plastic bag.
- Close tightly and allow to steam 10 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- When rice is done, remove from heat and keep warm.
- Carefully remove peppers from bag.
- When peppers are cool enough to handle, slip off and discard charred skins.
- Hold peppers under cold running water to make peeling easier.
- Chop peppers coarsely.
- In work bowl of food processor, combine peppers with 1 cup heavy cream.
- Process until smooth.
- Stir in remaining cream; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken breasts until brown on both sides.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour cream mixture over chicken.
- When mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat to a vigorous simmer.
- Cook until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Right before serving, peel and thinly slice avocados.
- Remove chicken breasts from heat and stir sour cream into sauce.
- Serve chicken breasts over rice with plenty of sauce and garnish with avocado slices.