Chicken Wild Rice Hot Dish
Just me throwing things together!
Started with my homemade cream of mushroom soup. I will link that recipe when I'm finished here, if you want to use that verses canned soup.
I hope you enjoy this creation. I'll tell ya secret...I think its even better the next day ;)
- batch of my homemade cream of mushroom soup...or...1 family size can of cream of mushroom soup plus 3/4 can milk
- chicken breast cut into bite size pieces, sauted and seasoned with salt, pepper and minced garlic
- 2 c
- prepared wild rice, cooked in water and chicken broth (half and half) seasoned with 1/2 teaspoon of thyme before cooking
- 2 c
- prepared white rice, cooked in water and chicken broth (half and half) seasoned with 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary before cooking
- 2 can(s)
- cut green beans, whichever cut you prefer, drained
- 1-2 c
- cheddar or your favorite cheese, shredded
How to Make Chicken Wild Rice Hot Dish
- 1Prepare the homemade cream of mushroom soup. OR Whisk together the canned soup with 3/4 soup can of milk very well. Set aside.
- 2Spray a 9x13 pan, dump the beans into the pan, sprinkle lightly with sea salt and pepper, if desired. Scatter prepared chicken over the green beans, then sprinkle 1/2-1c cheese over the chicken, combine the two rices and spoon over the cheese, then pour soup over rice, sprinkle remaining cheese over top. It will seem very soupy, it will come together very nicely. :) Just look at my photo :o)
Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, remove foil and bake another 10-15 min.