Chicken & Wild Rice Casserole
Note: Casserole may also be baked at 350 in two (11x7 in) baking dishes for 25 minutes). Sprinkle each with 1/2 c of remaining cheese; bake 5 more minutes
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 pkg
- fast-cooking long-grain & wild rice mix (6.2 oz)
- 1/4 c
- butter or margarine
- 2 medium
- celery stalks, chopped
- 5 c
- cooked chicken, chopped
- 4 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 can(s)
- cream mushroom soup (10 3/4 oz)
- 2 c
- sour cream (1 16 oz container)
- 1 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Chicken & Wild Rice Casserole
- 1Prepare rice mix according to package directins, set aside.
- 2Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add onions, celery. Saute 10 min or until tender.
- 3Stir in rice, chicken, 3 cups cheese, soup and next 4 ingredients.
- 4Spoon into a lightly greased 15x10 in baking dish or 4 qt casserole
- 5Top casserole evenly with 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs.
- 6Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 5 more minutes.