Chicken w/ Mushroom & Bacon Cream Sauce
8 slicewrights bacon
8 ozmushrooms, sliced
1/2 cparmesan cheese
1/2 cchicken broth
2 Tbspcorn starch
3 Tbspgarlic, minced
3 Tbspolive oil
To tastesalt and pepper
1 tsponion powder
1 tspcreole seasoning
How to Make Chicken w/ Mushroom & Bacon Cream Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Add olive oil and minced garlic in a large cast iron skillet, roast garlic over medium high heat
- Combine, salt, pepper, onion powder, paprika, Creole seasoning and parsley. Season chicken thighs.
- Sear chicken for 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer skillet to oven for 30 minutes.
- While that's roasting, start on your bacon and cook till crispy
- Once chicken is done, remove chicken from skillet, set aside.
- Using the cast iron add mushrooms and cook till tender
- Add chicken broth, cream parmesan cheese, crumbled bacon & let simmer.
- Using equal parts of cornstarch and cold water whisk together, stir in and allow to thicken
- Add the chicken back into the pan; allow to simmer.
- Garnish with chopped green onions. Serve and enjoy.