Cheesy Green Chicken Poblano bake
I will never again use tortilla's in my chicken bakes, the poblano takes the cake!!
- 2 c
- cooked, diced or shredded chicken
- 2 c
- tomatillo salsa, or salsa verde
- 5 large
- 3 c
- asadero, sliced or shredded (divided, see below)
- 12 oz
- quesco fresco, crumbled
- 8 oz
- mexican creama or sour cream
- 4 Tbsp
- cilantro, fresh, chopped
How to Make Cheesy Green Chicken Poblano bake
- 2Cut poblano's in half and remove seeds and stem. Lay skin side up on a baking sheet and place under low broiler for 5-7 min. Remove and allow to cool, remove skin.
- 9Now repeat. Poblanos, cheese mixture, chicken, and salsa/verde. Top with 1 c of grated Asadero. Bake 400° for 30-35 min. on 2nd upper rack in oven. till cheese is melted. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes then serve and garnish with cilantro, pico de gallo, creama or red salsa.
NOTE: This will be a fairly juicy dish due to the fact there is not pasta to absorb the liquid from the tomatillo salsa. Just drain off excess liquid after cooling, or spoon out and drizzle over dish.