Chicken & Veggie Stuft Shells
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 largechicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1/2 cgreek yogurt, plain
3 Tbspitalian seasoning
3 tspgarlic powder
1 ccottage cheese, lowfat
2 1/2 cmozzarella cheese, low-fat, shredded
1 smallonion, yellow, chopped
1/2 cmushrooms, fresh, diced
1/2 mediumred bell pepper, diced
2 Tbsptomato paste
1/2 ccrushed tomatoes
1/4 tspred pepper flakes
1 boxjumbo pasta shells, cooked, drained
How to Make Chicken & Veggie Stuft Shells
- Place chicken breast in gallon zipoloc baggie add 1/4 C greek yogurt (half), 1T italian seasoning & 1 tsp garlic powder let marinade in fridge for 15-30 minutes.
- Place the chicken on baking sheet coated with nonstick spray. Bake for 20-30 minutes until clear juices run through. Set aside to cool and cut into a small dice.
- Meanwhile bring large stock pot of salted water to a boil and cook jumbo shell pasta until al dente according to package instructions. Drain and rinse.
- Filling: in large mixing bowl combine 1/4 C greek yogurt, 1 C cottage cheese, 1 1/2 C shredded cheese, 1T italian seasoning, 1tsp garlic powder. Then add cooled chicken.
- Saute in skillet 1 T olive oil, diced yellow onion, mushroom & red bell pepper until soft. Add tomato paste, chicken stock or white wine, remainder of garlic powder and italian seasoning, red pepper flake and large can crushed tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- dish up 3/4C of the sauce and refrigerate until cooled and add to filling mixture (this step avoids melting the cheese)
Spoon filling into each of the jumbo shells 1/2 full then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Spray large nonstick casserole or foil pan with nonstick cooking spray, Spoon 2-3T sauce into bottom of the casserole dish.
Place filled shells into casserole dish and top each with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover shells with foil and bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
This makes 2 pans of shells (approximately 40)