Chicken Vegetable Pot Pies1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12 ozchicken breast halves
2 lbbaking potatoes, peeled 1/2 inch cubes
1/2 cchopped celery
1 tspchicken bouillon
10 ozfrozen mixed vegetables
1 cskim milk
1 tsppoultry seasoning
4 ozmushrooms, sliced and drained
1 tspbaking powder
How to Make Chicken Vegetable Pot Pies
- Combine chicken and water in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken, reserving broth.
- Bone chicken, and cut meat into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Add potatoes, celery, and bouillon powder to broth; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in mixed vegetables; set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add 2 tablespoons flour, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add skim milk; cook over med heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; stir in poultry seasoning.
- Combine reserved chicken, vegetable mixture, white sauce, and mushrooms in a large bowl.
- Spoon into individual baking dishes that have been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- CRUST: Combine 1 cup flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Cut in 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoon butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Spoon biscuit dough into 6 portions over chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until biscuits are golden.