By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbsporegano, fresh, chopped
2 Tbspthyme, fresh, chopped and divided
2 Tbsprosemary, fresh, chopped and divided
2garlic cloves, minced and divided
1/4coarsely ground black pepper, divided
4chicken breast halves, 6 ounces, boneless and skinless
1/2 tspolive oil
1/4shallots, chopped and divided
1 cmarsala wine
1 cchicken broth
1/2 cmushrooms, sliced
1/2 csun dried tomatoes
1/2 cgreen onion, julienned and sliced
1/2 cbutter, cut in small pieces
How to Make Chicken Tuscany
- In a small flat dish, sprinkle half the oregano, thyme, rosemary, garlic and black pepper.
- Place the chicken breast halves in a single layer on top of the herbs.
- Pour 4 tablespoons olive oil over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the remaining herbs, garlic and pepper over the chicken breasts.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- While chicken is marinating, prepare the Marsala reduction.
- In a saucepan, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Add shallots and saute until tender.
- Add the Marsala and chicken broth and stir to scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan
- Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by half.
- Skim off excess fat and strain to remove shallots.
- Set aside.
- Grill or broil chicken breasts for about 7 to 8 minutes per side or until done.
- While the chicken is cooking, preheat a saute pan.
- Add the Marsala reduction, mushrooms, tomatoes and green onions.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce by half.
- Remove from heat and stir the butter into the sauce bit by bit, stirring constantly, until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve the chicken breasts topped with the sauce.