1 cmozzarella cheese
1 cvegetable broth
·kosher salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbspbutter, cold
4chicken fillets or (2 skinless breasts.)
1/4bag of spinach -
How to Make Chicken Torpedoes.
- Pound the chicken fillets with the metal meat tenderizer. Pound both sides of the fillets for a couple minutes. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Just a pinch of the sea salt on both sides, as it will be too salty if too much is used.
- Once all seasoned. I layer a large sauteeing pain with a light spray of Pam or any other vegetable spray. Then I add about a 1/4 cup of the vegetable broth. And add 1/2 to 1 tbsp. of butter. While this is heating up a bit. I start to fill the breasts.
- I add about 3 or 4 leafs of spinach to each chicken breast, if baby spinach, you can add more, as they will lie flat. On top of the spinach add a tablespoon or so of the scallions, and about 2 tbsps of the mozz. cheese. Then I add a few sprinkles of the minced garlic.
- Then carefully roll up the chicken breasts. Don't worry if some of the ingredients fall out the side, try to gently push it back in. Not to worry if it falls out in the pan. It will taste delicious. To hold the chicken together, I use a toothpick,
- Add all the chicken tornados to the sautee pain, and I cook them for about 45 minutes. Ladle a bit of the veg broth over the chicken. And make sure to roll them - in order to cook on all sides.
Make sure to remove the toothpicks before serving.
* Serve warm, but you could even serve it cold the day after and sliced - and served on a bed of lettuce.