☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbspcooking oil
2 clovegarlic, minced
1 mediumonion, chopped
1/2 inchpiece ginger root, cut into strips
8 pieceschicken thighs and legs, skin-on
2 Tbspfish sauce
1 smallchayote or papaya, cut into wedges
1 cchili pepper leaves (available in most asian markets)
How to Make Chicken Tinola
- In a stockpot or large skillet, sauté garlic, onion and ginger in oil until tender.
- Add the chicken pieces and fish sauce. Cover and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes under medium-low heat. Liquid should start to escape from the chicken.
- Add water and bring to boil. Let is simmer for 20 minutes
- Add the chayote and let it cook for 5 minutes or until it becomes soft. Add more fish sauce or salt, if needed.
- Distribute the chili/pepper leaves on top, turn off heat and, serve immediately.