☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1/2 inch
- piece ginger root, cut into strips
- 8 pieces
- chicken thighs and legs, skin-on
- 2 Tbsp
- fish sauce
- 3 cups
- 1 small
- chayote or papaya, cut into wedges
- 1 c
- chili pepper leaves (available in most asian markets)
How to Make Chicken Tinola
- 1In a stockpot or large skillet, sauté garlic, onion and ginger in oil until tender.
- 2Add the chicken pieces and fish sauce. Cover and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes under medium-low heat. Liquid should start to escape from the chicken.
- 3Add water and bring to boil. Let is simmer for 20 minutes
- 4Add the chayote and let it cook for 5 minutes or until it becomes soft. Add more fish sauce or salt, if needed.
- 5Distribute the chili/pepper leaves on top, turn off heat and, serve immediately.