Chicken Thighs with Leek and Tarragon Pan Sauce
4bone in chicken thighs
·salt and pepper
1 Tbspolive oil
2leeks white and light green parts only cleaned and thinly sliced
3 clovegarlic minced
1 cdry vermouth or white wine
1 cchicken broth
1 Tbspeach fresh tarragon, butter and whole grain mustard
How to Make Chicken Thighs with Leek and Tarragon Pan Sauce
- Place a cast iron skillet in oven and set the temp to 450 degrees. Salt and pepper the chicken thighs. and when the oven is up to temp place the chicken in the hot skillet skin side down. Reduce the heat to 400 degrees and roast for 20 minutes turning half way through.
- Remove the skillet from the oven be careful because the handle will be very hot. Keep a oven mitt on the handle. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add oil to the skillet. Add the leek and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes. Add the flour and stir until well incorporated. Add the vermouth and scrape up the bits and let most evaporate. Add the chicken broth
- Bring to a simmer and then add the butter, tarragon and mustard. Taste and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the chicken back in the skillet and let cook 5 more minutes.
- Serve chicken with pan sauce