Chicken Tetrazzini - Umbria Style
- whole rotisserie chicken, cooked and diced
- 2 c
- baby portebello mushrooms, sliced
- yellow onion, diced
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 slice
- bacon, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp
- 1 lb
- linguini, or pasta of your choice
- 1/2 can(s)
- peas, i like leseur young spring peas
- 2 c
- half and half
- 2 c
- whole milk
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper, preferably fresh ground
- 1/4 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp
- white wine
- 8 oz
- swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 oz
- parmesan, fresh, shaved or grated
- 1/2 c
- panko bread crumbs
How to Make Chicken Tetrazzini - Umbria Style
- 1Put the olive oil in a sauce pan and heat for a few minutes.
- 2Add the bacon, onion, garlic and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are brown. Add the peas, and pour into another bowl.
- 3Pour the half and half and milk into another saucepan and heat to warm. Don't boil! Keep warm.
- 4Cook the linguini, or pasta of choice, as directed, drain, rinse and set aside.
- 5Now we'll make the roux. In the same pan you cooked the mushroom mixture, melt the butter on a low heat.
- 6Add the flour, nutmeg and black pepper to the melted butter and whisk for about 1-2 minutes, without browning, until it just starts to bubble. Remove from the heat for a few minutes.
- 7Put the pan back on the stove, on a medium heat, and immediately add the warmed milk and wine, slowly, whisking constantly. Cook until thickened, about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Add the roux to the mushroom mixture, along with the linguini and the swiss cheese.
- 9Pour all into a buttered casserole dish and top with the panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- 10Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until nice and golden brown.