Prep time will vary depending on the choice of chicken. I use rotisary chicken from the store because it is faster and easier.
This is also a great recipe for left over Turkey!
- whole cooked chicken- boned
- 1/2 lb
- sliced mushrooms
- 2 c
- colby-jack cheese (or your fav. mix shred. cheese)
- 1 pkg
- spegetti noodles cooked el dente
- large can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 can(s)
- hot water
- 2 Tbsp
- chicken bouillon base
- 2 Tbsp
- butter (room temp)
- 1 c
- italian seasoning bread crumbs
LAYER IN BOTTOM OF 9 X 13 BAKING DISH
OPTIONAL: I SOMETIMES ADD SOME CHOPPED FRESH BROCCOLI OR ASPARAGUS PEICES IF I HAVE IT.
How to Make Chicken Tetrazzini
- 1Layer the chicken, mushrooms, Optional veggies, 1 cup of cheese. Then add the noodles and the other half of the cheese.
- 2In a sauce pan heat the water and bouillon, add the cream soup and stir til it is smooth and hot.
Poor over the noodles, I use a fork to poke the noodles and help the sauce flow through a little.
- 3Then mix your bread crumbs and butter together with a fork and sprinkle on top of the dish. Bake covered for about 30 minutes and then remove the cover and back another 15-20 minutes until golden brown on top. Let sit for about 10 minutes and then serve!