5 lbstewing chicken, cut into large chunks (reserve the stock)
8 ozpackage of spaghetti
1 mediumgreen pepper (chopped)
2 smallcans of pimentos (chopped)
1 mediumonion (chopped finely)
1 smallcan of mushrooms (drained and sliced)
1/2 cflour (sifted)
1 ptlight cream
1 lbcheddar cheese (grated)
How to Make CHICKEN TETRAZZINI
- Use one quart of the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until tender. Do not drain.
- Melt butter, add green pepper and onions; cook until tender; add mushrooms. Sprinkle flour over this mixture; add cream and cook until thickened. Stir in ½ of the grated cheese and cook until melted.
- Combine Chicken and Spaghetti and add sauce to this. Season with salt and pepper and then add the pimentos.
- Place in a large casserole and sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until hot throughout.
- NOTE: I use 2 large fryers. This is good to divide into 2 dishes – Freeze one and eat one. This dish takes a little extra time to make but so…..worth it. It is great for company and do aheads!!