☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 cchicken stock
2/3 clight cream
1/2 cchopped celery
1/4 cchopped onion
14 ozspaghetti, uncooked
1 lbfresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese
How to Make Chicken Tetrazzini
- Cut up chicken and simmer in water to cover.
- Add salt (one half teaspoon), three cut up celery stems and 1/2 medium onion.
- Simmer until tender (about 1 1/2 to 2 hours).
- Strain and chill stock.
- Remove chicken from bones in large pieces.
- Cut large pieces in 2 x 2 inch pieces.
- This should yield about four cups of meat.
- When stock has cooled, remove fat and measure three cups.
- Add water if necessary.
- Sauce - Melt butter and fry celery and onion until transparent (do not overcook).
- Add flour and seasoning and stir until well blended.
- Add stock slowly, stirring constantly.
- Bring to boiling point and boil for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add cream very slowly.
- Tetrazzini - Break spaghetti into one inch pieces and cook and drain.
- Meanwhile, saute mushrooms in butter.
- Season sauce with sherry.
- Place spaghetti in shallow baking dish which has been buttered.
- Pour half of sauce over spaghetti.
- Put in a layer of chicken, then mushrooms.
- Pour remaining sauce over top.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees until brown for 30 to 40 minutes.