Chicken Tamale Pie1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8.5 ozcorn muffin, mix
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1.5 cchicken, cooked and shredded
10.75 ozcream of chicken soup
4 ozgreen chiles, diced
1/2 cgreen onions, chopped
1garlic clove, minced
1 tspchili powder
How to Make Chicken Tamale Pie
- NOTE: May substitute turkey in place of the chicken; monterey jack is also a good replacement for the cheddar in this recipe.
- Prepare muffin mix as directed on package, adding 1/2 cup of the cheese with the mix; set aside. (Do not bake.)
- Cook and stir chicken, soup, chilies, scallions, garlic and chili powder in a large saucepan until heated through.
- Spoon muffin mixture into a greased 2 quart casserole.
- Spoon hot soup mixture over muffin mixture to within 1/2" of the edge.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until cornbread is golden.
- Top with cheese.