- chicken breasts
- 1 c
- 1 pkg
- hv ranch dressing mix
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 box
- jumbo pasta shells
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, room temperature
- 1/4 c
- taco sauce plus more for drizzling
- 3 c
- shredded mexican cheese, or your favorite
- 1/3 pkg
- tortilla chips, crushed
- toppings such as: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced black olives, sliced green onions, guacomole, sour cream, salsa, taco sauce
How to Make Chicken Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells
- 1Boil chicken breasts until tender. Chop and place in skillet/pan. Mix together both seasoning packets with water; pour over chicken and toss. Add cream cheese and cook on medium heat until cream cheese has melted. Set aside.
- 2Boil pasta shells according to package directions; drain and toss with butter.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Thinly coat bottom of 9x13” baking pan with 1/4 cup taco sauce.
- 4Stuff each shell with meat filling, careful not to overfill (about 2 tablespoonfuls). Place each shell on top of taco sauce in pan, making sure they touch. Drizzle more taco sauce over top of each filled shell.
- 5Top with 2 cups cheese. Bake until cheese is melted. Remove from oven. Crush tortilla chips to make about 1 cup (more if you like) and sprinkle over shells. Top with 1 cup of cheese. Bake again until top layer of cheese is melted.
- 6Serve with your favorite taco toppings.
A 9x13” pan will fit about 25 shells.
You can substitute the chicken for 2 pounds of lean ground beef.