Chicken Succotash with Avocado and Farmer Cheese
3 largetomatoes, cut into 1 inch wedges
2 Tbspextra-virgin olive oil
·coarse salt and ground pepper
2 smallzucchini, diced medium
2 ccorn kernels (from 3 ears)
2 cfrozen lima beans, thawed. you can also use green beans if you don't like limas.
1rotisserie chicken (skin removed), meat shredded (4 cups)
1avocado, halve, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
3 ozfarmer cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup) i used feta because i had that on hand.
How to Make Chicken Succotash with Avocado and Farmer Cheese
- In a large bowl, toss together tomatoes and 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened slightly, 4 minutes.
- Add corn and lima beans and cook until corn is cooked through and lima beans are softened, 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until warmed through, stirring. Season to taste.
- Divide among 4 plates. Top with avocado and cheese and serve with tomatoes along side.
- I used a firm white fish which I floured and seasoned with Old Bay Seasoning and fried in a little olive oil. Baked fish would work well also.