★★★★★ 1 vote5
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 4 oz
- pepperoni, or ham cubed (both)
- 3/4 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 4 c
- 8 oz
- macaroni, elbow or any pasta uncooked
- 24 oz
- spaghetti sauce either from jar or own recipe
How to Make Chicken Stuffed with cheese & Pepperoni
- 1On flat surface cut a pocket in chicken breast leaving three sides intact. Stuff each breast with cheese and pepperoni. Press edges together to seal or use toothpicks if you choose.
- 2In a 12 inch skillet, heat oil on med-high. Cook breasts for 8 minutes, turning occasionally until well browned on both sides. Remove breasts from skillet and set aside.
- 3Slowly add water to skillet and increase heat to high. Bring to a boil, add macaroni, let cook for 4 minutes or until almost tender. Do not drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce until it boils. Return chicken to skillet, reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until chicken juices from the center of the thickest breast comes out clear when cut. (170 degrees)
- 4Garnish with extra pepperoni and cheese for a great mouthful of flavor.