Chicken Stuffed Shells
2 largechicken breasts, finely chopped (i do not like chunks of chicken in my shells -- if you do, feel free to leave them larger)
18jumbo pasta shells, cooked per package directions
1egg, lightly beaten
15 ozricotta cheese
1 Tbspdried parsley
1 cgrated parmesan cheese, divided
3 cheavy cream
·salt and pepper to taste
·garlic powder, to taste
3-4 cmozzarella cheese, divided
1 cprepared marinara sauce
How to Make Chicken Stuffed Shells
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a baking/casserole dish with cooking spray. Cook shells according to package directions.
- Mix chopped chicken, egg, ricotta, parsley, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella and 1/2 cup parmesan in bowl and set aside.
- Make white sauce: Melt butter in saucepan, add flour. Cook a little, to get rid of the flour-y taste, but don't let butter brown. Whisk in cream, salt and pepper. Once thickened stir in parmesan cheese.
- Spoon a little bit of sauce in each cooled shell and fill each with chicken mixture.
- Spread half of the marinara on the bottom of your pan. Arrange shells in the pan and pour white sauce over the shells.
- Drizzle the rest of the marinara over the top and sprinkle remaining mozzarella over all.
- Cover and bake about 40 minutes until hot through out. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes until golden and bubbly.