Chicken Stuffed Shells
- 2 large
- chicken breasts, finely chopped (i do not like chunks of chicken in my shells -- if you do, feel free to leave them larger)
- jumbo pasta shells, cooked per package directions
- egg, lightly beaten
- 15 oz
- ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- dried parsley
- 1 c
- grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 c
- 3 c
- heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 3-4 c
- mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 c
- prepared marinara sauce
How to Make Chicken Stuffed Shells
- 1Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a baking/casserole dish with cooking spray. Cook shells according to package directions.
- 2Mix chopped chicken, egg, ricotta, parsley, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella and 1/2 cup parmesan in bowl and set aside.
- 3Make white sauce: Melt butter in saucepan, add flour. Cook a little, to get rid of the flour-y taste, but don't let butter brown. Whisk in cream, salt and pepper. Once thickened stir in parmesan cheese.
- 4Spoon a little bit of sauce in each cooled shell and fill each with chicken mixture.
- 5Spread half of the marinara on the bottom of your pan. Arrange shells in the pan and pour white sauce over the shells.
- 6Drizzle the rest of the marinara over the top and sprinkle remaining mozzarella over all.
- 7Cover and bake about 40 minutes until hot through out. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes until golden and bubbly.