By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1.25 lb
- chicken breasts, halved, boneless and skinless, cut into strips
- 3/4 lb
- mushrooms, sliced
- 1.5 c
- chicken broth, low salt
- 2 Tbsp
- 2/3 c
- skim milk
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 3 c
- cooked brown rice
How to Make Chicken Stroganoff
- 1Heat the oil in a large skilllet over medium-high heat.
- 2Working in batches to avoid overcrowding the skillet, add the chicken to the skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and no longer pink in the center, about 6 minutes.
- 3Transfer chicken to a plate.
- 4Reduce the heat to medium.
- 5Add the mushrooms to the skillet; cook until the mushrooms release their juices and are golden and tender, about 6 minutes.
- 6(If the skillet becomes too dry, add 1 or 2 teaspoons of the chicken broth, or more as needed.)
- 7Meanwhile, stir together the flour and 2 tablespoons of the milk in the measuring cup until the mixture is smooth and no lumps remain.
- 8Stir in the remaining milk until well blended.
- 9Return the chicken to the skillet.
- 10Increase the heat to medium-high.
- 11Add the chicken broth to the skillet.
- 12Stir flour mixture, salt, paprika and black pepper into skillet.
- 13Bring to boiling.
- 14Reduce heat to medium; simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- 15Serve with hot cooked rice.