By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbspolive oil
1.25 lbchicken breasts, halved, boneless and skinless, cut into strips
3/4 lbmushrooms, sliced
1.5 cchicken broth, low salt
2/3 cskim milk
3 ccooked brown rice
How to Make Chicken Stroganoff
- Heat the oil in a large skilllet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches to avoid overcrowding the skillet, add the chicken to the skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and no longer pink in the center, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet; cook until the mushrooms release their juices and are golden and tender, about 6 minutes.
- (If the skillet becomes too dry, add 1 or 2 teaspoons of the chicken broth, or more as needed.)
- Meanwhile, stir together the flour and 2 tablespoons of the milk in the measuring cup until the mixture is smooth and no lumps remain.
- Stir in the remaining milk until well blended.
- Return the chicken to the skillet.
- Increase the heat to medium-high.
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet.
- Stir flour mixture, salt, paprika and black pepper into skillet.
- Bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium; simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.